Friday, June 25, 2010

And the winner is...

It appears Mr. Murakami was the winner of this round of votes :)  Thanks for giving your opinions!


Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
  0 (0%)
Firmin by Sam Savage
  1 (14%)
 
Pastoralia by George Saunders
  0 (0%)
The Astonshing Life of Octavian Nothing by M.T. Anderson
  0 (0%)
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
  2 (28%)
 
Lefthand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
  1 (14%)
 
Maus I and Maus II by Art Speigelman
  2 (28%)
 
Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami
  3 (42%)
 
The Echo Maker by Richard Powers
  0 (0%)
The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier
  1 (14%)
 
Lush Life by Richard Price
  2 (28%)
 
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
  1 (14%)
 
Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
  1 (14%)
 
The Plague by Albert Camus
  1 (14%)
 
The Last Temptation of Christ by Nikos Kazantzakis
  2 (28%)
 
Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
  2 (28%)
 
The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
  0 (0%)

2 comments:

  1. So what was your least favorite book? I have to say that I found The Echo Maker not as good the second time I read it. But otherwise I rather liked most of what we have read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think for me it was Lefthand of Darkness. I get frustrated trying to learn a new language with books. Sci-fi and fantasy are great but sometimes it seems that the author goes out of his/her way to show you this vast world in their head; to show you these alternate societies they dream up and words they create. I did actually like the story but I thought the language made it hard. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Followers